Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Best Pie Crust Ever!

This is a recipe my mom gave me. I am not sure where she got it. I'm just glad she found it. It's the best crust recipe ever. I love crust, sometimes more than the pie innards.

My pumpkin pie

Cherry pie before hitting the oven. I would have after photos but my boys ate it too quickly.


Vinegar Pie Pastry
4 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons salt
1 3/4 cups shortening
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 egg

In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, and salt.
With a pastry blender or two knives or forks, use scissor fashion to cut in shortening
until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.

Combine, water, vinegar, and egg. Add to flour mixture. Mix well until pastry holds together
(dough will be sticky)
Cover and chill at least 2 hours.

Divide dough into 4 or 5 balls. Wrap tightly and refrigerate up to 2 weeks or freeze up to 2 months.
If frozen when you want to use it thaw in refrigerator 2 to 3 hours.

Makes enough pastry for 4 or 5 single crust pies.
Enjoy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails