Monday, August 22, 2011
The Best Pita Chip Recipe
I have got to share. I found this recipe in this cookbook my friend gave me. It is the easiest and best recipe for pita chips and it has really helped me with my craving for potato chips. :)
I thought I would share:
I package whole wheat pita bread
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
freshly ground pepper
(i use sea salt and sprinkle some on after I put the chips on the cookie sheet.)
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grab a cookie sheet.
1. cut each pita round in half.
2. open each pita round up and separate
3. brush evoo mixture on pita
4. use a pizza cutter to cut pita in wedges
5. place on cookie sheet and pop in oven
6. bake for 20-30 minutes. I usually only do 20 and they come out perfect
You are done. They are crisp and delicious. Try them with hummus. Yum